She teaches the following courses at Cuesta:
- LIBT 1 - Introduction to Library Services
- LIBT 5 - Library/Information Center Collections
- LIBT 6 - Introduction to the Internet
- LIBT 8 - Library Supervisory Skills
- LIBT 9 - Library Public Services
- LIBT 12 - Research Skills for the Information Age
- LIBT 14 - Information Technology Internship
A regular presenter at the annual California Library Association conference, she has also presented at the Library/Learning Resources Association conference. Denise is a contributor to the book What Else You Can Do with A Library Degree: Career Options for the 90s and Beyond and the author of Expanding Horizons: Library Skills Workbook. Along with Dr. David Dowell, Ms. Fourie has recently published a textbook for Libraries Unlimited Press entitled Libraries in the Information Age: An Introduction and Career Exploration. Ms. Fourie also manages Library Concepts, a consulting firm working with government, school, university and business clients on library, archival, and information-related projects.
Denise enjoys living on the Central Coast where she and her husband like to birdwatch, browse antique stores for California Pottery, and watch art films at the Palm Theater.