Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
Advancing Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Cuesta College
In efforts to improve Student Success outcomes for Community College Men of Color often focus on remediating perceived student deficits. Using Cuesta College Data, the presentations listed below by CORA Learning Group's Dr. J Luke Wood and Dr. Frank Harris III, focus on effective teaching and learning practices that can be employed by college faculty to better serve Hispanic and men of color. Specifically strategies that can be enacted by faculty members to build rapport and authentic relationships with students and to engage students in course content.
Effective partnerships between schools, businesses, and community agencies are critical in promoting and sustaining diversity and equity efforts withing the creater San Luis Obispo area.
CORA Presentations at Cuesta College
- Cuesta Community Forum: Advancing Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Strategies for Business and Education
- Supporting Men of Color: Cuesta Trends, Challenges, and Opportunities
- Teaching & Learning at Cuesta College
- Guide for registering for CORA Learning Training Programs
- Information for CORA Learning Group (Center for Organizational Responsibility & Advancement)